Thursday, February 5, 2009

Dixmart

Birthday wish for Cynthia, (failed to upload yesterday)


click for more cards send this card through mail

Today is another rainy day. This situation really make myself relate Kuching this small city to Forks city in U.S.A. as stated in Twilight novel-rain everyday;cloudy throughout the year. Then, is there any Edward Cullen here and Bella Swan here? Haha, just kidding. Well, it's true that I like rains, but it's not that good if this situation goes on. Clothes are hard to dry, and things are more likely to grow fungi. I really hope this situation will stop very soon.
I still trying my best to find my english course institution. So, I went to Dixmart which is located at Stutong area this morning, a rainy morning.
It's dry inside the office, of course (lame?). My parents and I asked the teachers many questions in ENGLISH (ooh, why do i capitalise it? because I seldom speak English) And the teacher, she is kind. I heard that she is from New Zealand (not sure about this?). Well, we have a long chat. Then, she tested me, when I was totally unprepared for anything. She asked me to translate chinese to english. She gave me a few sentences, then hid the english parts, showing the chinese parts, asking me to translate those chinese to english. I was super nervous. In fact, it's very apparently that I was very very nervous because I can feel that my english was 'trembling'. I totaly lost my confident. So, that's why I make mistake even for easy grammar mistake that shouldn't made by a Form 5 student. Anyway, I kinda pass the minor test. Well, I tried to control myself to stay calm so at last I didn't really make big mistakes. The teacher told me that I have reached the xx level(I don't really remember the name, if not mistaken, it's called Communicator stage, but if so, then this a weird name), that's the highest level I could see. The teacher then showed me the textbook. Since I'm uncertain for my future undertaking, so we can't take the english course for a year(which is the complete course). The most that teacher can reach in three months time is just until topic 4 of that textbook. However, I can understand the text, which means that it won't help much. Anyway, I still really thanks a lot to the teacher. We consulted her so many things, but she didn't get any consultation fee from us! However, to me the main thing I need is conversation, oral skill. See, I become nervous to speak english. Who can introduce me the place to go so that I can improve my english? Does television programmes help? I'm very concerned about this. English is still very important to me.
Afternoon, we went to B.D.C. area. I straightaway went to Popular bookstore. I finally bought my Reader's Digest. Here, I found one story very interesting. I would like to share it with all of you.

TITLE : THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COIN
AUTHOR: CATHY WATSON

I WAS DOING A BIG clean-up in the early part of last year and my kids were helping. As he rummaged through boxes and bags, one of my sons came across a knotted handkerchief with an old dark brown coin nestled inside. "Mum, can I have this? Can I play with this in my cash register?" he asked. I took one look and was immediately transported to another time. "You can play with all your coins, but not this one," I said slowly. "This one's special. I will never again see the woman who gave this to me." I fingered the coin gently. "This coin is worth much more than its monetary value."
My son looked at me strangely and I explained. In 1991, I had spent five months in a bleak AFrican country, Niger, ravaged by sandstorms and blistering heat. There were many things I found difficult about this place-the climate and beggars were my biggest and most constant gripes. Street urchins would continually thrust their hands into your face, shouting "Cadeau! Cadeau!" [gift] in French, the former colonial tongue.
After I'd finished my nursing stint there, a friend and I headed for neighbouring Burkina Faso to work in a health clinic. "It's much greener in Burkina. Even the Coke tastes better," the locals assured us.
Arriving by taxi at our destination in Burkina, we began to unload. I had a large backpack and a smaller daypack. With my daypack wedged between my legs, I reached for my larger piece of luggage. Out of the darkness, a motorbike with two men approached slowly. Without warning, one of the men grabbed my daypack as the motorbike swept close by. Within seconds, the two were out of sight, swallowed up by the night.
The bag had my passport, money, traveller's cheques, camera, an airline ticket and other paraphernalia precious to me. I was in deep trouble. And the nearest Australian consulate was in Ethiopia.
In the weeks that followed, I zealously guarded the rest of my valuables and regarded all locals with suspicion. I endured interrogations by the authorities with thinly veiled frustration. All I wanted was to leave this hellhole.
Then, walking through Burkina's streets one day, I was accosted by an old woman who thrust her hand in my face. "Cadeau! Cadeau!" she cried.
I's had enough. I was sick and tired of the country: its poverty and corruption, its thieves, its inefficiency, the heat, the dust and its time-wasting officials. I told her firmly in French, "I have no 'cadeau'. I have no money. A thief stole all my money two weeks ago and now I can't get out of your country. I cannot give you anything."
The beggar woman listened attentively and pondered my words. Then her face crumpled into a toothless grin as she reached into the folds of her dress.
"Then I will give you a cadeau," she announced. Kindly, she placed an old, dark brown coin in my palm. I looked at it in shock. It was a minuscule amount of money - but for this woman, the coin represented a meal. In that moment, I felt the shame of affluence and the humility of charity. She had given me a gift disproportionate to anything that I ever donated. In the midst of her poverty, she was able to give me something priceless.
I saw then the unexpected beauty of the people of Burkina Faso - and appreciated profoundly the quiet dignity of the poor.
Humbled by the old woman's gift, I hope never to part with the coin she gave me. With one small token, she turned my perceptions upside down.

Things to be shared today~
Another great song presented by 東方神起 - - BOLERO


BOLERO - TOHOSHINKI

東方神起 - Bolero
作詞∶ラムジ
作曲∶鈴木大輔/冨田惠一

闇に浮かぶ月のステージに
踊る君の夢見たんだ

深い深い胸の傷を
ひとつひとつ背負わないで
誰も君を責めやしない
君は君でいればいいさ

聴かせて 愛しく儚く
つま先で奏でるBolero
舞い上がれ 君の哀しみも
癒される場所 見つけるさ

暗い部屋の中…
満たされぬ想い窓から溢れ 夢が募る
月明かりの下…
がむしゃらに希望のリズムを刻む 夢が募る
君が君らしいのは 自由に羽ばたくから
誰も知る事のない 答え探して

聴かせて 愛しく儚く
つま先で奏でるBolero
舞い上がれ 君の哀しみも
癒される場所 見つけるさ

Oh, Let you dance away.
Don't you know? I stand by your side.
Yeah, Fly away... Fly to the top.
Fly forever, yeah.

いつまでも 君を照らし続けるよ
見守るよ 君と愛すべき未来を
どこにいても 僕は願い続けるよ
守るから ah

聴かせて (聴かせて) 眩しく切なく (狂おしく)
情熱で煌めくBolero (歓喜の歌を)
君は決してひとりじゃないから
命の限り舞い上がれ
君の居場所はここにある

LYRICS

01. Bolero
credits to: rey ichigo

Yamini ukau futsuki no suteji ni
Otoruki ii oyumeni tanda
Fukai fukai mune no kisu wo
Hitotsu hitotsu sewonawonaide
daremo kimi wo semeyashinai
kimi wa kimi de ireba ii sa

kikasete
Itoshi kuhaka naku tsowarakide kana deru Bolero
maia kare
kimi no kana shimi wo iyareru basyo-i tsukerusa

mitasareru omoi atokara afure yume katsuneru
Tsukiakari wo shita
Kamusharani kibo wo no ritsumo wo kitsamo

kimi kakimirasii no wajiyu-u ni habataru kara
Daremo shirukoto no nai kottae shagashide.

Kikasede
Itushiru hakanatsu tsumasaki dekana de Bolero
Maia kare
kimi no kana simimoi yasareru pasyo mitsukeru sa

kikasete
Mabushiru setsuna rutso wo netsu dekirame Bolero
Imakotshita
Hitorijanai kara
i no jino kakiri maa kahae

kimi wo i basho wa koko ni aru

TRANSLATION
credits to:cutecrazyness@videouncovered

[Junsu]
the floating darkness of the month when you saw your dream to dance on stage
[Yoochun]
a deep, deep wound
[Yunho]
being alone has no end
[Yoochun + Yunho]
nobody to bother you, you are good, you are good at what you do

{CHORUS}
[Jaejoong]
tell me/sing for me, before leaving, spread your wings and play the bolero
[Changmin]
to soar, find a place where your sadness will be healed

[Yoochun]
inside a dark room,
[Jaejoong]
a window of sentiments is overflowing
[Yunho]
under the moonlight,
[Changmin]
the dream of becoming stronger is a possibility as you engrave your rhythm’s aspiration
dream to become stronger
[Junsu]
you fly freely because you flap your wings
Anyone knows not to look for the answers (or: nobody knows where to search for the answers)

{CHORUS}
[Jaejoong + Changmin]
tell me/sing for me, before leaving, spread your wings and play the bolero
to soar, find a place where your sadness will be healed

Oh~
Let you dance away
Don’t you worry/know
I’ll stand by your side
Ah~
Fly away, Fly away, Fly away, Fly to the top
Fly forever
Yeah, yeah, yeah~

[Junsu]
eternally,
[Yunho]
you continue to shine
[Junsu]
watching over attentively
[Changmin]
for your admired future
[Jaejoong]
where to go
[Yoochun]
as i continue to hope
[Jaejoong]
to protect [you]

{CHORUS2}
[THSK]
sing for me, in radiance, misery, with passion and sparkle in bolero
you are not facing these alone
soar high until the end/last of life
[Jaejoong]
[because] this place is what you have

MUSIC VIDEO

No comments:

Post a Comment